List Of Classes
"Confidence comes from discipline and training."
– Robert Kiyosaki
"It's all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you're properly trained."
– Queen Elizabeth II
"You are your greatest asset. Put your time, effort and money into training, grooming, and encouraging your greatest asset."
– Tom Hopkins
"You can work really hard, but if you're not training in the right way you're not going to improve and get to the level that you want to."
– Michael Chang
"It's all about training smart."
– Tyson Gay
"What you do today can improve all your tomorrows."
– Ralph Marston
"The will to succeed is important, but what's more important is the will to prepare."
– Bobby Knight
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
– C. S. Lewis
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."
– Benjamin Franklin
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
– Henry David Thoreau
Everything you need to know as a new firearm owner.
This three hour introductory course is designed for those who are considering the purchase of a firearm or new owners of firearms. It takes place entirely in the classroom and covers nomenclature, safe handling, fundamentals of shooting, cleaning, storage, and applicable laws.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, in-person classroom instruction at the San Leandro range is currently suspended. We can not predict when we will be able to offer in-person classroom training. Instead of in-person classroom training, we are holding a video conferencing (Zoom) version of this class. See "Online Introduction to Firearms" on the calender for more information regarding dates.
- "The instructor was great. Very relatable and down to earth."
- "He was very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all questions."
- "It was great to learn the basics of handling a firearm and what the process is to keep yourself safe.
- "The workings of the law was new to me so it was extremely helpful."
- "Great class, really interactive, allowed for discussion and questions."
- "It's rare to meet law enforcement professionals with Robin's ability to teach, be friendly and affable. I really didn't think I would gain much but was proved wrong. Thanks!"
This is NOT an NRA-approved course
Note: Instructors who teach a mix of courses are required by the NRA to clearly distinguish
which have been developed by the NRA and which have not. It is not a reflection on the course
other than to say the NRA has not reviewed its content and thus can't give its approval.
The course fee is $60. You may bring your personal firearm if you wish but it is not required. We will handle various revolvers and semi-automatic pistols during the class.