List Of Classes
"Confidence comes from discipline and training."
– Robert Kiyosaki
"It's all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you're properly trained."
– Queen Elizabeth II
"You are your greatest asset. Put your time, effort and money into training, grooming, and encouraging your greatest asset."
– Tom Hopkins
"You can work really hard, but if you're not training in the right way you're not going to improve and get to the level that you want to."
– Michael Chang
"It's all about training smart."
– Tyson Gay
"What you do today can improve all your tomorrows."
– Ralph Marston
"The will to succeed is important, but what's more important is the will to prepare."
– Bobby Knight
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
– C. S. Lewis
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."
– Benjamin Franklin
"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
– Henry David Thoreau
Self-defense is more than pulling the trigger. Learn about the other 90%.
We are an approved instructor for San Francisco PD, San Joaquin SO and San Jose PD 16 hour and 4 hour classes.
We are an approved instructor for the Contra Costa SO and San Mateo SO 8 hour and 4 hour classes.
Let's be honest--when you look at the list of approved CCW instructors your primary selection criteria are likely to be how soon is the class, how far away is it, and how much does it cost? The actual course content is maybe a distant fourth. After all, the point is to get the training certificate so you can get the CCW right? Picking any class is a blind guess where you hope it turns out and you can endure the class. It doesn't have to be that way.
The best possible outcome of any self-defense situation is when you and your loved ones can come out the other side safely without having to fire a shot. Learn about applicable laws, situational awareness, risk reduction and avoiding confrontation in addition to improving your shooting skills.
This class also satisfies the training requirement to apply for a non-resident CCW from Arizona and Florida. Carry concealed in 34 other states as well as California.
- Pistol, holster selection
- Dry fire exercises
- Low-light techniques
- California laws
- Defensive tactics
- Use of force encounters
- Emergency medical care
- ...and more
What to bring
- The pistol(s) you will list on your CCW (up to three) and two magazines per pistol
- Eye/ear protection (electronic earpro recommended)
- Gov't issued ID (eg. driver's license)
- Snacks and drinks. We will break for lunch.
- Two day new applicant class only: A mag pouch for the pistol used on the first day and 300 rounds of ammunition
- One day new applicant class only: 250 rounds of ammunition
- CCW renewal class only: 200 rounds of ammunition
Students must pass a live fire range qualification with a minimum passing score of 80%. Failure to pass can result in disqualification. You are strongly encouraged to practice the range qual prior to taking the class. Private coaching is available if you have difficulty meeting the requirements. (If you can consistently place all your shots in a letter size piece of paper at 7 yards you should pass the qual.)
Additional info for Contra Costa SO CCW classes
Additional info for San Francisco PD CCW classes
Additional info for San Joaquin SO CCW classes
Additional info for San Jose PD CCW classes
Additional info for San Mateo SO CCW classesStudent reviews:
- "I was genuinely surprised at how much I learned and enjoyed the class. Worth the time and money well spent."
- "Very enjoyable and eye-opening. I found myself very engaged every minute of the class."
- "It was a well thought out class with good information and training."
- "It was the most comprehensive firearms course I've ever taken, and I've been through a few. You'll learn more than just what's advertised."
- "The instruction is both current and relevant to anyone planning on carrying for self defense. Real world experience is brought to the classroom in a captivating way and Robin really gives every student what feels like individual attention."
This is NOT an NRA-approved course
Note: Instructors who teach a mix of courses are required by the NRA to clearly distinguish which have been developed by the NRA and which have not. It is not a reflection on the course other than to say the NRA has not reviewed its content and thus can't give its approval.
The CCW two day course fee is $325.
The CCW one day course fee is $200.
The CCW renewal four hour course fee is $125.